Citation: National Film Board of Canada. (2022). National Film Board of Canada: Learning Program: Ocean School. https://oceanschool-xp.nfb.ca.
I orignally had picked NFB as it relates to Canadian content, and all of the movies and short films are free as long as you create an account. The NFB main website hosts a lot of great documentaries, specifically on environmentalism in Canada, and Indigenous life and rights. However, there is a section titled "Ocean School" that is dedicated as an educational tool - you can choose between different oceans and learn more about their habitats. Within each ocean/water way, there are modules one can complete before moving on. I learned a lot about the North Atlantic, with videos created with Dalhousie students!
The limitation to NFB is how many titles it holds, making it slightly difficult to crack into. With a little guidance, children can learn a lot about Canadian content. When navigating the main NFB page, I recommend someone to be there with the child.
