The Summer I Turned Pretty (TV) by Jenny Han

Poster for "The Summer I Turned Pretty" by Jenny Han
Recommended Age: 14 & up

Citation: Han, J. (Creator). (2022-present) The summer I turned pretty [TV series]. Sunswept Entertainment; Jenny Kissed Me; Big Red Bus; wiip; Amazon Studios.



Content Warning: Parent with cancer.

Based on the bestselling books by Jenny Han, this TV series follows a girl named Belly at the summer house her family shares with her mother’s friend and her two sons. Over the course of the summer, Belly finds herself caught in a love triangle with the two boys.  

The Summer I Turned Pretty will likely appeal to Jenny Han’s To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before movie trilogy. It’s the perfect TV series to watch after a day at the beach or when you’re missing summer weather.